Author and Scriptwriter

'Among the most important writers of contemporary British horror.' -Ramsey Campbell

Saturday 31 December 2016

For Your Edification and Delight, The JCS Saga


Facebook's 'On This Day' function can be fun at times, especially around New Year's. Always interesting to remind myself what I was up when various years came to a close. And a whole bunch of statuses came up from last December 31st...


My beloved Cate loves musicals - and to be fair, I've actually seen quite a few I ended up enjoying (including last night's movie, Thoroughly Modern Millie.) But just as I've never been able to convince her of the charms of Blake's 7 or original Dr Who, there are things Cate loves which, well, I don't.

Case in point: last NYE's movie was Jesus Christ Superstar. Unfortunately, I was on Facebook at the time, and this is what happened. Alcohol may have been involved.



This year I get to pick the film...

(ETA: we ended up with a double bill of Beetlejuice and Gravity, in case you were wondering. Picked one each. And were in bed by half-eleven. We lead such a rock-and-roll lifestyle here.)




No comments: